Terms & Conditions
“Agreement” means this agreement including all subsequent amendments.
“Agreement” means this agreement including all subsequent amendments.
"My Medical Choice” “MMC", Safe Blood”, "we", "us" or "our" mean My Medical Choice Private Members Association and includes any person to who it has assigned its rights under this agreement.
“Medical Tag”, “Tag”, “Medical Alert Jewellery”, “Jewellery”, refers to the item of jewellery worn as part of the Medical Alert System that contains the LOGIN CODE and data necessary for access to the User’s medical profile by Emergency Services. Jewellery can include: Bracelets, Pendants, Dog Tags, Watch Strap Tags, Capsules, and other medical alert products worn on the person.
"Alerts" or "SMS Alerts" or "SMS text message" or similar means a preformatted text message sent using the short message service.
"Customer", "Purchaser", Client”, "User", Member”, “They”, or "You" means a person using the My Medical Choice Service or Safe Blood System to store Information on our website.
"LOGIN CODE", LOGIN or "CODE number" or "ID" means a unique number, which is computer generated and allocated to each Membership of My Medical Choice and the Safe Blood system upon sign-up.
"Activation" or "Activate" means a User registers their personal details against the LOGIN CODE number generated by our website which in turns makes the LOGIN CODE number active and makes their Information available to be accessed by a third party emergency service provider using an internet connected device.
“Contact Us” is My Medical Choice customer support and enquiries, which can be accessed via the Contact Us form on the website.
“Information” means any confidential and/or personally identifiable information or other information related to an Account or User, including but not limited to the following: name, email address, phone number and medical information.
"Major service outage", "service outage", "service failure" or "major outage" or similar means a period when the online service is not functional.
"Method of access" means the method a person needs to use to access a customer’s Information such as reading a Medical Alert tag and/or Advance Decision Notice (ADN) or visiting our website from an internet connected device and using the tools provided to input a LOGIN CODE.
"Password" or "Activation password" is a password created by the Member for their own use only, which allows functional access to their personal medical profile page – that is, allows data to be altered, added, removed, or updated.
"Service" or “Services” means all products, services, content, features, technologies or functions offered by My Medical Choice and its related sites, applications, and services.
Users will be notified by email (using the email address supplied at Registration) as they approach the end of their annual subscription. Users may choose between cancellation or continued subscription.
“Policy” or “Policies” means any Policy or other agreement between You and My Medical Choice that You entered into on the website(s), or in connection with Your use of the Services.
“Policy Update” means Changes that My Medical Choice may make to these Terms and Conditions - please check back at intervals to ensure Your continued agreement.
"Product" or "base product" means a physical product manufactured or supplied by third party Company that is purchased so that it is capable of being used as part of the Services we offer.
"Profile” or "Account" means a collection of Personal Information submitted by a User, or their Relative on a User's behalf.
"Register", "Registration", "Registering", “Sign-up”, “Join”, Join-up”, “Subscribe”, means a User entering into this Agreement with us by associating an ID product or Unique LOGIN CODE number supplied by us with themselves for the purposes of carrying personal, emergency and/or medical identity purposes.
"Unique ID" or “Unique LOGIN CODE” means a number generated by us and supplied for the purpose of using with Medical Alert products.
“User”, "customer", "customers", “client”, Subscriber”, “You”, “Your” or "their" means You and/or any other person or entity entering into this Agreement with us or using the Service.
“MMC website(s)” or "website" or "website(s)" means any URL, such as www.my-medical-choice.org or subdomains of it (e.g. https://users.MMC or www.safe-blood.org) that we use to provide the Services to You.
ABOUT THIS AGREEMENT
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, without notice. Any changes will take effect when posted on this website (www.my-medical-choice.org or www.safe-blood.org) or any subdomains of it (e.g. https://users.MMC.org). By agreeing to the terms and conditions of using the MMC service through this website You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions do not affect Your statutory rights.
MORE ABOUT THE SERVICE
We provide hosting of our Members' self-written emergency identity, contact and medical information intended for retrieval by Emergency Services from our suppliers' secure internet servers using Medical Alert tags that include a unique CODED ID embedded in, mounted or printed upon a range of products such as wristbands, ID cards, ADNs, bracelets and necklaces. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of this service customers acknowledge and agree that their information is stored on secure Internet pages and not on the Medical Alert tag or CODED ID.
- MMC is a secure website using SSL technology throughout.
- Users may check the security by the presence of a padlock or the https:// in the location bar of their Internet browser.
- Information provided by our customers in the data collection form and uploaded legal documents is classified as confidential and as such, cannot be accessed by MMC and therefore will not be shared by My Medical Choice with third parties.
- Information provided by our customers will be transmitted and stored electronically on our secure website and will not be indexed by Internet search engines.
- To allow for the fastest possible access to Users information by the first responder on scene in the event of an emergency, User profile pages are not locked by password therefore it is not impossible for a User’s page to be accessed accidentally or otherwise. It is, therefore, solely the User\’s responsibility to take care regarding potential security risks involving lost or mislaid Medical Alert tags.
- • LOGIN CODE - Users acknowledge that once they have registered a LOGIN CODE ID Label and engraved it on their Medical Alert tag or included it in the ADN, the LOGIN CODE links to their unique personal profile page.
WHAT CUSTOMERS/USERS AGREE TO
Users of MMC services agree to the following:
- They are over the age of 18.
- Users shall submit Information using the relevant form provided for the Service being used on the website: www.my-medical-choice.org and/or www.safe-blood.org.
- Users shall supply a valid and functioning email address as part of their Information submission.
- Your email address will not be shared with any third parties and will be used by us for the purposes of Service activation notifications plus other notifications relating to the Service such as outages, policy updates, updates to terms and conditions, the launch of addition MMC services, and subscription reminders.
- Users agree to remain subscribed to the email notifications that we operate alongside the Service and acknowledge that We reserve the right to cancel a User's Service if we are notified that they have unsubscribed.
- Users unsubscribe from our email notification service at their own risk and We cannot be held responsible whatsoever for any consequences arising from such action.
- We cannot be held responsible for the omission or inclusion of incorrect Information or any consequences whatsoever resulting from the same
- We will only publish Your most recent submission of Your Information.
- Users accept full and absolute responsibility for frequently satisfying themselves that their Information remains accurate, up to date and comprehensible and that their information is displayed using the appropriate method of access.
- Users agree to the condition that the automated SMS text message service is for use by emergency services/first responders only and that abuse of this service by Users may result in their subscription being suspended or cancelled.
- My Medical Choice cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies of customer Information resulting from multiple submissions of Information where an earlier submission of Information may have contained Information that the customer considered essential to be retrievable in the event of an emergency.
- My Medical Choice cannot be held liable for any circumstances whatsoever that result of a device not being able to access Your information.
- My Medical Choice cannot be held liable for any circumstances whatsoever resulting from the Service not working as intended due to a User failing to make the recommended checks to the Service and report any inaccuracies or discrepancies or a technical failure of any third party's product or service including our supplier's or human error by employees of us or our suppliers or an act of God or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- We cannot be held responsible for Alert messages being delayed or indeed not reaching their intended destination at all.
- Our SMS provider cannot guarantee delivery to roaming handsets, and suggest that You do not send messages to roaming phones. Our SMS provides uses a specific delivery route to deliver the SMS messages to the handset according to the Operator. This same delivery route may not deliver to the operator's roaming partner in the country where the handset is roaming.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to satisfy himself or herself frequently that the Medical Alert tag and the jewellery carrying the Medical Alert data is functional and legible to the naked human eye. Worn data tags with partially obscured details should be replaced with immediate effect for the User’s protection.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to satisfy themselves frequently that the correct information is presented on the MMC website User’s personal medical profile page upon input of the code.
- My Medical Choice reserve all rights over information produced by and for MMC and held on the MMC website.
- MMC has no access to personal information stored on the User’s personal medical profile page, therefore, it is the responsibility of the User – and a recommendation of MMC – to keep safe passwords, login codes, and User ID and to make hard copies of the ADN, LPA, and Donor list in the event the User is unable to access their personal Medical profile page.
- Should the User forget their Login details, it is the responsibility of the User to reset their Login details.
- Should the User lose their Medical Alert tag or ADN – or suspect this information has been accessed by an unauthorised person - it is the User’s responsibility to change their unique LOGIN ID on the MMC website and update their Medical Alert tag, and ADN accordingly.
REPORTING A PROBLEM
- If You have a problem with the Service, please contact us in writing at our email address, which can be found in our Contact Us page using the Contact Us form. To enable an accurate response, detail the precise nature of the problem and a contact number on which we can reach You.
- You must give us adequate time to investigate any problem and provide a response.
WHAT WE AGREE TO
- We agree to act responsibly with regard to the Users' contact information that is accessible to us and not to share it routinely with any Third Party.
- We agree to only use functional cookies to improve Your experience of accessing the service
- We agree to provide up to a maximum of 6 automated SMS text messages as part of the member’s subscribed services during their 12-month contracted term. The service referred to is the SMS text messages automatically activated via the NHS emergency services login on the My Medical Choice website, and sent to the Member’s Emergency Contacts/Attorney(s).
- We agree to the terms of the UK information commissioners regarding the General Data Protection Act
- Investigate any problem, issue, outage, error or failure of the Service on Your behalf.
- Endeavour to notify You of any major service outage that we are made aware of by any of our suppliers whether planned or unplanned using the email address that You have provided us with upon submitting Your Information.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Please see our Cancellation Policy page for details of cancellations and refund Terms and Conditions.
All Content included on the Web Site, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, downloadable documents, template documents, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of MMC, our affiliates, partners or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Web Site You acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other relevant laws.
You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Web Site unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by MMC.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of MMC or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Links to this Web Site
Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other sites may do so only to: the home page, FAQs page, Blog of the site www.my-medical-choice.org without prior permission.
You agree that, if You have provided MMC with personal data relating to a third party (1) You have in place all necessary appropriate consents and notices to enable lawful transfer such personal data to MMC and (2) that You have brought to the attention of any such third party the Privacy Notice available on the MMC’s website or otherwise provided a copy of it to the third party. You agree to indemnify MMC in relation to all and any liabilities, penalties, fines, awards or costs arising from Your non-compliance with these requirements.
MMC makes no warranty or representation that the Web Site will meet Your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service.
No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute legal or medical advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
Availability of the Web Site
The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
MMC accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, MMC accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts MMC’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of MMC.
Every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977. However, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at Your own risk. Furthermore, the material on this site does not constitute legal or medical advice. MMC provides the tools to enable Users to engage the services provided on our website. We take no responsibility for how said tools are employed by the Users of the service. We advise Users do not deviate from the suggested protocols in the User Guidelines and bear no responsibility should they choose to ignore our guidance.
This site may contain certain historical information and is provided for Your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is Your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
Modifications To The Service And Prices
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to You or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We may provide You with access to or refer You to third-party services and products over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to and reference such services and products ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to Your use of optional third-party services and products.
Any use by You of optional services and products referenced through the site is entirely at Your own risk and discretion and You should ensure that You are familiar with and approve of the terms on which services and products are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
Any new features and/or services added to the site shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
Errors, Inaccuracies And Omissions
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to service descriptions, pricing, promotions, and offers. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after You have submitted Your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, You are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate Your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales, and You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.